A Quality Plan tends to be a project or product specific document which defines the quality assurance tasks to ensure meeting specific customer requirements and time scales. It enables the identification of preventive activities to provide early warning of any possible problems occurring or becoming major.
The objective of a Quality Plan is to anticipate possible sources of poor quality and to arrange for means of identifying such failures and preventing them from occurring.
Often Quality Plans are required on large capital cost projects such as construction projects or the launch of a new product or software development, etc. - where main contractors need to control the activities of sub-contractors.
The Quality Plan can be used as model or method of describing the Quality Control activities so that everyone can comment on, criticise and develop the plan to ensure their involvement in the project's achievements.
Course delegates will be able to as a consequence of this course:
- Be aware of the aims, objectives and benefits of Quality Planning.
- Be aware of key and important Quality Planning techniques (see Course structure)
- Identify the most appropriate Quality Planning approach to employ.
- Understand the role of Quality Assurance in controlling process.
- Be capable of Quality Assuring your process
- Coherently answer questions regarding Quality Planning.
- Provide the opportunity to make real major financial saving through QM&T's pre and post course supported assignment scheme.
- Be QM&T validated and certificated as a Project Quality Assurance practitioner.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Project Managers
- Project Quality Officers
- Quality Professionals or individuals who wish to control their process or project for quality
Course delegates as a consequence of this course will be able to:
- Understand quality planning
- Complete the quality planning process
- Establish the a quality strategy and framework
- Assess areas of critical risk using techniques such as FMEA
- Set quality standards
- Manage risk within the planning process
- Develop practical quality plans that work
- Understand how to effectively implement their quality plans
|09:00||Welcome and introduction|
|09:30||Quality planning for performance improvement|
|10:00||The quality planning process|
|10:45||The quality planning process: determining the strategy, creating the framework, identifying high risks using FMEA|
|11:00||FMEA (Failure Mode effects Analysis)|
|11:45||FMEA Case Study|
|13:15||What makes an effective quality plan?|
|13:30||Constructing practical quality plans that work|
|15:00||BS ISO 10005 Quality management systems. Guidelines for quality plans|
|15:30||Effective implementation and execution of quality plans|
|17:00||End of course review|
Note: The times are for guidance and will vary depending on delegate input and specific requests.
The lecturing team is comprised of professionals who have been especially selected for their recognised knowledge and experience in the field of project management and quality assurance.
COURSE DATES AND COST
- See Training Courses for price list and order form