PRODUCTION PART APPROVAL PROCESS - PPAP
Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) is applied in manufacturing organisations, to approve initial parts manufactured, for eventual introduction into their future production runs.
PPAP defines requirements for this initial part manufacture approval (including production and bulk materials). The objective is to determine if all customer specifications and requirements are properly understood by the supplier. Also confirming that the process has the potential to produce product consistently and reliability to these requirements, under actual production run and rate conditions.
To enable delegates to:
- Understand requirements for PPAP submissions
- Understand when PPAP submissions are required
- Understand the different PPAP submission levels
- Understand and complete the various forms used in PPAP submissions
- Understand where and how the PPAP submission fits into the
- Advance Product Quality Planning APQP cycle
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Management and employee team members from all aspects of the organisation who participate in the activities associated with Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) activities, i.e. manufacturing, engineering, sales, service, quality, etc.
- ISO/TS 16949 internal auditors or second party auditors
- Anyone involved in product quality planning activities
- Anyone involved in the implementation of ISO/TS 16949
- Anyone interested in learning more about PPAP
The delegates should be able to:
- Understand the objective and phases of PPAP
- Understand the objectives and reasons for PPAP
- Understand the constituent parts of the PPAP
- Understand customer requirements for notification and submission
- Understand the levels of evidence required by customers for submission
- Be confident in completing a PPAP exercise work place setting
- Be QM&T validated and certificated PPAP practitioner.
0845 – 1030 Introduction to PPAP, Design, engineering and process requirements
1030 – 1045 Coffee
1045 – 1230 Dimensional and test results and exercises
1230 – 1330 Lunch
1330 – 1500 Initial process studies and exercises
1500 – 1515 Coffee
1515 – 1615 MSA, PSW, & Samples
1615 – 1700 Submission requirements, evidence levels and part status, Final Case Study PPAP
COURSE DATES AND COST
- See Training Courses for price list and order form